Hey guys! I don’t think I’ve been gone for a long time but… anyways let’s get BAKING!
500ml (2 cups) All purpose flour
75ml (1/3 cups) Splenda/artificial sugar
20ml (4 tsp) Baking powder
5ml (1 tsp) Salt
375ml (1 1/2 cups) 2% milk
125ml (1/2 cup) Cooked mashed potatoes
175ml (3/4 cup) Grated ‘light’ Cheddar cheese
75ml (1/3 cup) Margarine, melted
Got all that? Great! Let’s get started;
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Clelsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit). Line muffin tins with paper cups (or spray with vegetable oil spray).
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, Splenda (or your artificial sugar), baking powder and salt.
3. In a medium-sized, mixing bowl, beat eggs well with an electric mixer or a wooden spoon.
4. Stir in the milk, mashed potatoes, grated cheese, and melted margarine. Mix well!
5. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until mixed (20 strokes).
6. Spoon the batter into the paper lined muffin tins and bake at 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit) for 25 minutes, or until firm and lightlty browned.
When I first read the title of this recipe I thought it sounded just plain old disgusting. But trust me, it tastes really good! I made these during the week-end and they were are gone the next morning. Then I couldn’t make any more because I had no more eggs or potatoes. But anyways, potato and cheese muffins are really delicious!